0 Shares 0 Shares ×
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 strips of bacon
- 4 hot dogs (nitrate and filler free- I used Coleman Natural hot dogs)
- ½ white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 5-6 tablespoons leftover homemade mayo
- head of romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bacon on a baking sheet and cook bacon for about 15 minutes until just slightly crispy.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little salt and pepper. Then form in 4 patties.
- Cut hot dog down the middle to butterfly the hot dog.
- Place beef patties on the grill and cook on both sides until you get however you like your meat cooked. I cooked mine for about 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- When flip the beef patties, place butterflied hot dogs on the grill and flip after about 2 minutes.
- When all meat is done cooking, place a beef patty in a lettuce leaf, top it with mayo, then a hot dog, then bacon, then any other fixings you like. I used onion and avocado on my burger. Then top it with one more piece of lettuce.
- Enjoy summer!